Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Hallowween helicopter

When I asked the boy what he wanted to be for Halloween last year without hesitation he blurted out "A Helicopter" at 2 and a half I am unsure if he knew what I was even asking but it put an end to my wondering and hey how many helicopters do you really see at Halloween?
 
At first I had no idea how I was going to go about this helicopter costume I had committed to make. Then it hit me that I had a Kohl's box out in my garage. I grabbed it and cut of the flaps from the top and bottom. From there I cut slits in what I decided would be the back of the helicopter. I used the flaps and freehanded a helicopter tail. I slid it through the slit that I had cut in the body of the helicopter and gave it a good taping. I was pretty impressed how it turned out on the first try.

 
I went with red for the color (cause that is what I had on hand). I had to send a pic to the hubs to pic up another bottle on his way home from work so I could finish the body work.

 
After much spray paint, some yellow acrylic paint for the numbers on the side and some brown paint to make some windows it was almost ready. I had some left over fabric that I cut into strips long enough to go over the boys shoulders. I stapled them to the cardboard, crossing them in the middle. I used winged do dads to attach some propellers to the tail.
 
For the hat I got a red beanie from the dollar store. I used another doodad to attach the propellers to the hat.

Can I just say that this was probably the cheapest costume ever, with the cost for the spray paint, beanie, and dodads it was a whopping $6.00! I got so many compliments on it at the neighborhood trunk or treat and my little boy had a blast wearing it!

No comments:

Post a Comment