Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Frumpy Mom pants to SKINNY purple pants

I had this pair of jeans. I have no idea why I bought them but when I did I apparently though they were cute. As it turns out I never wore them cause I hated the way that they fitted around the bottom of my legs. I called them my "Frumpy Mom Jeans" and really the one reason that I kept them was because the Hubs always complemented my tush in them. One day I had a grand idea and I only wish I would have taken a before pic!!

I have always wanted a pair of colored jeans and have never been able to find any that fit over my large behind (that don't look terrible) Why not take advantage of the jeans I hate that accent my butt nicely and create something new. One day I decided to turn them into skinny jeans.

This was SO easy! I tried the jeans on and pined them how I wanted them to go down my calves and then took them off and turned them inside out, I then repinned them so i could pull the pins out as I sewed them. I began at the knee and sewed them down towards the ankle tapering it in along the pin line as I went. I then cut off the excess. I did this with both legs and then I tried them on again. Here is the image of the result.

Once I tried them on they were WAY to long for my liking so I did a quick hem on the bottom (probably would have been easier to do first but oh well).

This was not the end of my idea, as I mentioned earlier, I always wanted colored jeans, the last time I went to the store I had picked up a bottle of purple fabric die. After I had my pants the fit that I wanted I filled the kitchen sink with water and poured the bottle of purple die in. In when the pants and I made sure that they were completely covered. I did went the pants before I put them on the die and this help even out the color on the jeans. Also make sure that you rotate the jeans around a time or two during the process. Over all I left them in for about an hour. Here is the end result and I LOVE THEM! can't wait to get this post baby body back into them!


No comments:

Post a Comment