Monday, April 11, 2016

Working Mom




My family mostly will know that I am not a morning person at all. I hate waking up early and it my opinion waking up before 8 am should be a crime. But the fact that I get up at 6am everyday in order to squeeze in an hour of work before the kids wake up gives me energy for the day (don't get me wrong I still don't love it) I can get up and work for - hours, Get breakfast done and out of the way and have everyone dressed and ready for the day by 9:30 AM, and even though I still want to be in bed asleep this makes me feel so accomplished. 

I have always dreamed of being this inspirational writer. A person that can write an article and inspire thousands. When it comes down to it I just cannot get my words out in a way that sounds good. So after conversing through text with my BFF (since 5th grade thank you very much) she has inspired me to get this thing going again and hopefully stick with it.

I am struggling on where to even start as a blogger. There are so many ideas and so little time. 

To begin I just started working again today. My baby is a little of 6 weeks old...so little. I have an amazing job that 4/5 days (if not more than that) I love and I can do it from home in the comfort of my PJ's....I keep waiting for someone to tell me ha ha it was just a joke you don't really get to do this job any more. Still even though I work from home at a job I love it is so hard to return to work. I have to carve out hours of my day to devote to work, time away from my three littles to punch the clock and it is rough. 

Image result for working Mom
I have a routine down that I think works very well for our family. As my husband works in retail and is currently working 60+ hours  week right now due to the sales going on it makes it even harder to return to work. 

Working makes me a better Mom. when I have said this to my friends (be that they work or stay at home) they look at me with a puzzled look..."How does it make you a better Mom?". don't get me wrong I love my kids and I love that I am at home with them all day and I am so grateful that I can do both, work and be at home. My job provides me an outlet to challenge my mind as an adult and solve problems. I have to have a challenge or something to stimulate my brain or else I feel like mush. 
Image result for working Mom

Being a working Mom makes me more organized. I have designated times where I sit at my desk and work, and yes sometimes my kids are watching TV while I do it. The times I am not working are designated for My kids and MY house. Working makes me WAY more focused on my time with my kids and my husband. It makes me excited when the kids are all asleep by 8:30pm (still waiting for it to happen with the new baby) so that I can have time with my husband. It makes me excited to cook dinner and to play play doh with my kids and go for a walk. I even get excited when I clean the bathroom. IT does this because I feel so accomplish in my self and in the fact that I have organized my day in so much that I have done what needs to be done and what I want to do and that I got to be Mom. 
Image result for working MomI am not going to lie. I do envy those women that get to stay at home and do not have to work and there are definitely days that I wish that was me. But the bottom line is that it is not and I feel that because of this it has made me a better person .

No comments:

Post a Comment